ATTN: RAFFLE DRAW DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO APRIL 28TH, OUR PERUNNAL DAY. PLEASE READ BELOW…
St. Thomas Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church also known as STMSOC in this disclaimer note, is a non-profit corporation organized under the laws of state of Texas. These Rules govern the raffle and, by purchasing a raffle ticket, you agree to be bound by these Rules.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older and must qualify under Texas law to purchase a raffle ticket and participate in this raffle.
2. The purchase price for one raffle ticket is $100.00. If an entrant’s check is dishonored by the bank or credit card Company, the entry ticket will be invalid unless full payment is received by St. Thomas Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church on December 24th, 2018 prior to the time the raffle closes.
3. No more than 2000 tickets will be sold. Any money turned in after the raffle closes will proceed to STMSOC building funds. All tickets will be recorded in the order received. Original Raffle ticket is required to redeem the prize.
4. If 2000 raffle tickets are sold before the raffle closes, each ticket will have a 1-in-2000 chance in winning, and the prizes will be as follows:
First Prize: Pre-Paid gift card for $10,000. ( 1 prize)
Second Prizes: Pre-Paid gift card for $2,500. (2 prizes)
Third Prizes: Pre-Paid gift card for $1,000. (5 prizes)
5. The Winner will be determined by random drawing. The drawing will take place on December 25th, 2018 at approximately 8:30 p.m. CST, after the Holy Qurbana. Winners will be notified by telephone or/and e-mail or/and mail. Prizes can’t be redeemed for cash. A valid picture id of raffle purchaser is required to claim the prize.
6. Winner will assume and be responsible for all local, state and federal taxes, including without limitation all applicable income, and special taxes.
7. If St. Thomas Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church has not received by 5:00 p.m. CST, December 24th, 2018, at least 600 valid raffle tickets and full payment therefore, STMSOC may, at its sole and absolute discretion, cancel the raffle and withdraw the prizes (mentioned in disclaimer clause 4) or decide to delay the drawing until the minimum has been purchased. In such event, St. Thomas Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church will consider the raffle tickets sold thus far towards delayed drawing.
8. Purchasers of raffle tickets must legibly write their full names, addresses and telephone numbers on each counterfoil / registration form. If more than one name is stated on a counterfoil / registration form, the first listed name shall be the Entrant. STMSOC shall, will and can have no obligation for payment or delivery of any prize to any person other than the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to allocate any such prize among the participants in any multiple party entry.
9. The winner of the raffle must claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing, the prize will be forfeited and proceeds will go to the STMSOC church building fund.
10. Drawing may be postponed due to weather or any state of emergency declared by state or county local authorities. In such event, a new date, place and time for the drawing will be determined by STMSOC , which will be published in the STMSOC website.
11. Any and all disputes, claims and controversies concerning this raffle shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration, to be conducted under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association and the Uniform Arbitration Act, 42 Pa. C.S.A. §7301, et seq. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on all parties.
12. Safekeeping of Raffle Ticket stub is purchaser’s sole responsibility. Any attempted transfer, purchase, sale or auction of Raffle Ticket constitutes fraud by attempted seller and attempted buyer of Raffle Ticket and renders Raffle Ticket void. Raffle Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources are void. Raffle Ticket stub is void and will not be accepted if STMSOC determines in its sole discretion that stub has been tampered with, altered, counterfeited, forged or is otherwise irregular or invalid nor is STMSOC responsible for stubs that are lost, damaged, destroyed, stolen, incomplete or illegible; and, in all such cases, such stubs are void and STMSOC shall have no liability in conjunction with same. In such event or if STMSOC otherwise has reason to believe that someone has tampered with a Raffle Ticket (including stub) or the Raffle generally or otherwise attempted to defraud STMSOC in any way, STMSOC will disqualify such person and may otherwise seek to protect its rights via all available legal remedies, including possible criminal prosecution. STMSOC further reserves the right to confiscate and retain any Raffle Tickets suspected of being invalid. In no event will STMSOC award more than one (1) First Prize, two (2) Second Prize and five (5) Third Prize. Should a printing, programming or other error result in multiple winning Raffle Ticket stubs for any of the prizes, only one (1) of each Raffle Prize so affected will be awarded in a random drawing from among the holders of all such “winning” stubs for the affected Raffle Prize. STMSOC disclaims any liability for typographical, printing, production or other errors with Raffle Tickets, with the understanding that STMSOC’s sole liability for a defective or irregular Raffle Ticket is replacement with another ticket (provided supplies last) or the refund of the purchase price of such Raffle Ticket.
13. St. Thomas Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church members are eligible to participate in raffle and are not eligible to claim prizes. All STMSOC member winnings are considered void and a redraw will be in place to claim the right winner.